Materials to check out:
- Large Print books
- Books on CD, children and adult
- Music CDs
Materials for use in the library:
- Reference materials
- North East History Collection: over 300 items detailing the history of North East
- Internet access on 8 computers:
- job search, resume templates, word processing, and research.
- Adaptive-use computer & scanner for public use.
- North East newspapers (Star, Sun, Advertiser, and Breeze) digitized and various other historical databases available for use.
- Ancestry.com is available for free on our public access computers.
- Aquilo and North East Annual yearbooks available for library use only
- Laptops for GED training
- Library cards may be obtained free of charge to Erie county & all Pennsylvania residents presenting identification which indicates the applicant’s current address
- WiFi: no password necessary, bubble extends beyond building
- Renew books by phone (814)725-4057
- Reserve requests: Holds (online, phone, or in person)
- Inter-library loans (ILL): Access Pennsylvania participation, the statewide library card system
- Telephone reference advisory
- Book drop after hours
- Copying, faxing, and scanning
- Community meeting rooms, available upon application
- Book delivery
- Used book & media sales twice a year (March & October)
- [Temporarily suspended]
- Children’s programs
- see Children’s page for more
- Teen Programs
- see Tweens & Teen’s page for more
- “Books ‘N Banter” monthly newsletter
- See Programs for all other programs
Pennsylvania Resources & Databases
The POWER library allows you to access thousands of full text periodical articles, newspapers, a major encyclopedia, plus photographs, pictures, charts, maps, reference materials for young people and more. You will find materials of interest in most subject areas for all age groups from young children to adults.
If you have any questions about how to use POWER library, please call us, we’ll be happy to help!
Ask Here PA is Pennsylvania’s new statewide live chat reference service and is a free service to all residents of Pennsylvania, offering live chat reference 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
We’ll be here to help you get answers to your questions, any time and anywhere you have Internet access. Unlike other “expert” sites on the Web, there is no charge to use our service to give you the accurate, unbiased information you need.
ACCESS PA is a Database Project to facilitate resource sharing among libraries throughout the Commonwealth via the Internet.
More than 3,000 Public, School, Academic and Special libraries participate. The Database contains approximately 15 million titles and over 67 million items.
ACCESS PA can be used to search libraries throughout Pennsylvania to locate items not available in our local library or Erie County.
This is a free service for our patrons, and we will try to get the items you want.
To ask for an item, please follow the directions below:
1. Place at McCord – call (814)725-4057 or come to library
2. Pick up at and return to McCord
McCord Library Ebooks, Reference Collections & Online Resources