Book Page Pumpkin- October 2019
- OLD paperback book (approx. 500 pages will create a round pumpkin)
- (approx. 250 page book will create a pumpkin that sits flush against the wall)
- Black construction paper or other materials to make a face with
- Embellishment- ribbon, leaves, twig, cinnamon stick, pipe cleaner, etc.
- Glue (liquid white glue of any brand)
- Select an old paperback book first considering the height & thickness of the book
- Crack the spine in several places.
- Doing one page at a time, fold the outer edge of the page to the center and crease.
- Continue folding each page until all the pages are folded.
- Trim both covers of the book even with the folded pages.
- Glue the front and back covers together and let dry.
- Leave enough space at the spine of the book to insert a twig, cinnamon stick or pipe cleaner as a stem.
- Glue stem in place.
- Add bow made from ribbon, raffia, etc. and tie to base of stem.
- Draw and cut out face from black paper and glue to front of pumpkin.
I used “googley eyes” for my pumpkin.