School Spirit Necklace – June 2017
- Flat washer (5/8″ is a good size but any will work)
- Nail polish in school colors
- Painter’s tape
- Cord for jewelry making
- Wax paper, vinyl placemat or other stuff to protect the work surface
- Put down your drop cloth or surface protection before beginning.
- Put your washer down on a flat surface and cover half of it with painter’s tape taping it to the work surface.
- Use your lightest color paint one half of the washer.
- Let the nail polish dry for a minute or two & then carefully remove the painter’s tape.
- Let your first half dry completely before moving on to the other half.
- Next, carefully cover your painted half with painter’s tape.
- You want to make sure your painted half is completely dry before covering it in painter’s tape so you don’t smudge the nail polish.
- Paint the second half of your washer with your darker color.
- Let dry for one or two minutes, then carefully remove the painter’s tape.
- Let your washer dry fully and then flip it over and paint the other side same as the front.
- Once your washer necklace is completely dry, add the cord.
- Take a length of cord about 28-inches to 30-inches. (Length is a personal preference)
- Tie the cord together at the top to make a large circle.
- Lay your tied cord down on a table so that it’s in one narrow strip.
- Place your painted washer on top and pull the looped end through the middle of the washer.
- String your knotted end through the loop and pull all the way up to secure your washer on the end of the cording.
Viola! You have a spirit necklace to wear to school events and such.