Terra Cotta Pots Pumpkin Candy Dish-October 2018
- Terra Cotta Pot
- Terra Cotta Pot Tray
- Drawer Pull or Cork
- Hot Glue
- Mod Podge or white glue
- Small paint brush or use your fingers
- #2 Pencils or a dowel
- Wrapped candy
You could really use any number of things for the stem – pieces of wood, dried grape vine, dried pumpkin vine, etc. It’s your choice.
- “Paint” the 20” or so piece of twine with mod podge or white glue.
- Wrap the wet glued twine around the dowel and let dry for the most part.
- I left a length of twine in the middle unglued and straight in order to make it easier to wrap around the cork.
- Make sure the ends of the twine are glued and pinched together to prevent unraveling.
- Gently twist the twine loosening it from the dowel and remove.
- Set aside to finish drying completely.
- Turn the saucer upside down.
- Apply a generous blob of hot glue to the saucer and immediately place the cork in the center of the glue and gently press down.
- Run a bead of hot glue completely around the base of the cork and immediately place the twine around the base.
- Push gently on the twine making sure it is firmly in the glue. Let dry.
- If desired, use a sharpie marker and draw a jack o’lantern face on the pot.
- Fill the flower pot with individually wrapped candies and enjoy.