Mother’s Day Vase – May 2019
- Empty glass jar
- Spray paint
- Drop cloth- remember spray paint is not removable!
- Greeting card for Mom
- Flowers for the “vase”
- Remove label and any glue from jar
- Put drop cloth down and spray paint the jar
- Let dry and turn upside down and spray again.
- Let dry completely
- Spray a 2nd coat just to be sure of complete coverage.
- Tie ribbon around the neck of the jar
- Place flowers in “vase”
- Present vase of flowers and the Mother’s Day card to Mom !
CD Magnets – June 2019
- Old, no longer wanted cd’s
- Magnets (I prefer flat magnets, not those that come in a roll)
- Photos 5×7 works best
- Elmer’s glue
- Print photos 5×7 size from home on light weight cardstock or at the photo kiosk
- Holding cd behind photo and in front of a bright light center the cd
- Carefully set photo face down and trace around cd
- Cut out photo slightly inside the line
- Before applying glue, dry fit the photo to the cd to see if any extra trimming needs to be done.
- Glue to cd making sure there is a fine line of glue around the outer edge (a little bit of glue goes a long way)
- Glue magnet to back of cd
- Let dry and then place on anything magnetic
I used photos that were printed on cardstock. If using “real” photos I suggest smoothing the glue on the cd with your finger before attaching the photo to the cd. Remember a little glue goes a long way.