Stress Balls August 2019
- 1 balloon (not a water balloon)
- Filling-flour, baking soda, cornstarch, fine play sand*
- Plastic 16 oz water bottle cut in half, keeping the top half
- (makes a funnel)
- Coffee stir stick, chop stick, pencil, whatever to use as a poker
- Large bowl
- Inflate and deflate the balloon several times.
- Place balloon over top of water bottle
- Fill with 5.5 to 8.5 ounces of powder mixture holding balloon over large mixing bowl.
- Balloon should be fairly full. Often this is 2-3 inches of fill in the balloon.
- Use the poker to help the mixture flow through the funnel & into the bottle
- Tap balloon on counter to help settle contents and add more as needed.
- Carefully remove from neck of funnel.
- Tie balloon.
- SQUEEZE GENTLY !
- *a mixture of the corn starch, baking soda, flour, etc works better than just straight flour
- Firm ball: use flour, baking soda or cornstarch
- Medium ball: mix rice with a small amount of flour to prevent sticking
- Soft ball: use dry rice, small beans, split peas or fine play sand from the hardware store.